Web Design Terms and Conditions
Give us a call on 01334 871101 or contact us to see how Mike Collins Web Agency can help you!
The following terms and conditions apply to all web site design services offered by Mike Collins Web Agency. By ordering services from Mike Collins Web Agency you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to refuse to construct a web site which we may judge as unfit due to content or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited by, sites containing adult oriented material such as pornography, sites which promote hatred towards persons belonging to any ethnic group, religion or sexual orientation and sites which infringe copyright or are contrary to UK laws.
- The acceptance of a proposal shall be deemed as a contractual agreement between the client and Mike Collins Web Agency. On acceptance of a proposal 50% of the contract value will be invoiced. Work on the contract cannot be commenced until this payment has been made. The final 50% will be invoiced 1 month after commission.
- After the final invoice, the project should be finished in one month. Any work carried out after the final month will be invoiced as normal. Websites that cost less than £300 will be invoiced fully on commission.
- Mike Collins Web Agency cannot always guarantee to start work immediately on a commission but will arrange a date with the client as to when work can commence.
- All material, both text and images, supplied by the client and used in the construction of the client’s web site, will remain the client’s property. All such material will be assumed to be the property of the client and free to use without fear of breach of copyright laws.
- The copyright for all material provided by Mike Collins Web Agency, such as HTML code, graphics, photographs and text, will remain the property of Mike Collins Web Agency until such time as payment has been made in full whereupon they will become the property of the client.
- Mike Collins Web Agency makes every effort to design pages which display acceptably in the most popular current browsers, but cannot accept responsibility for pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after pages have been designed.
- Mike Collins Web Agency will submit a client’s website to several of the major search engines as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Mike Collins Web Agency to promote a web site as a separate commission, Mike Collins Web Agency will make every reasonable effort to promote the website effectively but cannot guarantee high placings in search engine results.
- Mike Collins Web Agency can accept no responsibility or liability if any search engine, online directory or search site, submitted to as part of a web site promotion commission, chooses not to list a client’s web site.
- If at any point during the Website Development Cycle a client wishes to cancel, they may do so but will be invoiced an amount that Mike Collins Web Agency judges to be proportional to the amount of work completed on the commission.
- Mike Collins Web Agency’s sites are mainly hosted by external companies to Mike Collins Web Agency. At any time, the hosting company reserve the right to remove un-maintained websites which compromise the hosting company servers. They also reserve the right to update the server software to ensure that the clients get the best service from them. Updates may affect the performance of those websites that are not updated. Mike Collins Web Agency accepts no responsibility for the failure of un-maintained websites or websites that continue to use out-of-date software, such as Microsoft Front Page..
- If, during the Website Development Cycle, the client does not supply the content required in order to complete the commission within a reasonable amount of time, Mike Collins Web Agency will consider that the client wishes to cancel the commission.
- Any payment returned by the bank or credit card company will incur a £25 administration charge. This will be invoiced and will be added to the total outstanding debt owed by the customer.
- Mike Collins Web Agency does not undertake to maintain or update a client’s website as part of the design commission. If a client wishes Mike Collins Web Agency maintain or update a web site as a separate commission, Mike Collins Web Agency will negotiate with the client a maintenance contract appropriate to the amount of work required. Web site maintenance may also be undertaken on a time and materials basis if the client so wishes.
- Mike Collins Web Agency reserves the right to alter prices at any time without notice. If a client has commissioned any services from Mike Collins Web Agency prior to a change in prices, that commission will not be subject to any increase, but any subsequent commission may be subject to an increase.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.